Learn about Martin's
work in Papua New Guinea
Martin produced the largest Papua New Guinea voter registration ever recorded. His program sent teaching teams to almost every village and town that could be found in the country.
Photographs of the villagers were taken everywhere they stopped to show the 28 minute instructional video produced in three languages. Voter turnout at the National Election was well over 70%.
This Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
- This photograph was taken in Papua New Guinea, while Martin was on a trip up the Highlands Highway, heading to Goroka. The comments by Papua New Guinea expatriates about it's effect on them are priceless.
- Robyn Jenkin I love the way this photo was taken....looking up the highway.... the scattered groups of villagers. it seems to tell it’s own little story. Also brings back memories of the long drives on that highway between Mt. Hagen and Lae. Wonderful!
- Cess Bibby Somehow says it all about PNG. I guess everyone carries a similar image in their mind - and heart?
- Wendy Johns The Highlands are so beautiful
- Jo Ahern Absolutely gorgeous. You have captured the essence of the village and countryside. Your photos are fabulous.
- Ann LQ So lovely....the PNG I remember..makes my heart sing a song of longing for the old homeland..(the way it used to be)..
- Anna Greenacre Looks like a painting! The landscape/ colours are so vibrant.
- Danny Kennedy Road my 125 Yamaha up that highway with Richard Currie on a 175 Honda in 1970. What a great adventure.
- David Newton drove from Mt, Hagen to Goroka one lovely Saturday I stayed with a mate overnight and set off back just before sun up. Stoped my Ute at Doulo Pass and sat and watched the sun rise through the mist over Goroka. Best cup of coffee and bacon sandwich I can ever remember. 1992.
- Peter Nizette so typical of rural PNG - hence a great shot.
- Caroline Saal How homesick can one get!!!!!
- Vicki Dodd Fabulous photo!
- Karen Crowe So green primitive and tells a wonderful story I love this photo also
- Jan McCluskey Looks like a painting.... so beautiful
- Therese James Love that place! Cheers Glen
- BobandEve Phillips We lived in Goroka, Popondetta and Kavieng in the late 60's early 70's . Went finish from Kavieng at end of 73. We both cried - and so did our 4 kids - all the way from Kavieng to Port Moresby, then on and off to Adelaide. Still hunger for Papua New Guinea and its ways.
- Joan Christine Franks That is one of the most beautiful photos....I went finish from Mt Hagen. I cried the day I left. Loved the highlands so much.
- Lesley Back Wow. Stunning. Looks like a painting.
- And there are many, many more comments. Martin